Sunday, July 19, 2020

Never take your Health for granted

Once someone asked me what is the thing that irritates you the most. I said, I love doing things for people, but when they take my effort for granted, is when I get the most irritated. How beautiful isn’t it? I think any number of us feel that. However, do we realise there are so many things that we ourselves take for granted?

My BIL’s father always used to bless us “Be Healthy! Health is Wealth”. We have always heard this, we know this. But have we realized this???? How will we, until we go through the phase of un-health? No one can realize the importance of anything until they lose it. Especially something that has been a part of us from birth.

When my dad used to go through physio sessions for his leg is when I first had a glimpse of how something as inherent as taking 1 leg in front of the other to walk, is such an easy thing. But ask the same to a person who has to re-learn the art of walking…..He will tell you what a luxury we have that we are able to take one foot in front of the other, without even thinking about it!!

I always knew that Health is the best thing we have, but last week made me realise how much I have taken every single part of my cell for granted. Today in the phase of improvement, I come to realise sitting under a fan without suffocation is such a luxury & I thank GOD for making me understand this!

We all are so great at working long hours. During this lock-down times, how many of us sacrificed sleep to accommodate 1 extra movie in the night? Its all so enjoyable isn’t it? But when we feel sleepy & your health doesn’t permit you to sleep, is when we realise the importance of sleep.

Actually the most interesting thing is, our body doesn’t need as much attention as our EGO does. When someone takes me for granted, I (my EGO) get so angry & I either shout and make the other person feel bad, or insult the person, or avoid the person. This might sometime break a relationship as well. But our body doesn’t have such an EGO, Thank God! It just needs a little care. And it doesn’t even tell you that we should all follow a set principle. It would get so happy & do 10 folds more as soon as it realizes you are giving it importance. It is that easy.

A little exercise in the form of a walk or Yoga everyday, whatever you are comfortable with. Or some additional physical work to get your body toned may be all it requires. For some, it would just be to listen to what the body says. Stop when it says to Stop. Sometimes a mere Thank you to each & every organ of the body is all that is needed.

My grandma always said “you can only paint if there is a wall” We can only do all the things we want to do until we have this body. Give it importance, it will take you everywhere you want to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment