Wednesday, July 29, 2020

My Darling turns 17!!!!!



I still remember the day this kid was introduced to me. I was in front of my PC. The camera was on. My then fiancée brought a long red chilly kind of thing wrapped in a pink cloth. He was 2 days old. So cute he looked. Even then, I never realized that this 1 feet creature would one day rule my heart!!!!

I got to hold him first during my wedding, when he was 9 months old. Only thing that registers in my brain is, this cutie pie, the one who holds everyone’s attention, who was suffering with a very high fever & rashes all over his body due to everyone holding him up, came to me & gave me a toothless smile. That was when my heart started fluttering for him!!!

The day I fell for him completely – was the day I will never forget in my life. The day I still love talking about, to everyone, with pride. 2 weeks after I land in UAE, all the elders left me with my niece, nanny & the baby & went to office. My then 5 yr old niece & I slept in a room, while this kid slept with his nanny in the other room. Suddenly this nanny wakes me up & says “I am going down to the grocery to get a telephone card” & goes away. I continue to sleep for another 30 mins & then realise this lady never returned. Just about 2 months from my marriage, I was left with a 5 year old niece & a nearly a 11 month old baby all alone in a house, with no idea of what to do. I was confident of cooking a meal for any number of adults. But children are totally a new factor!! What do they eat? How do I make up the formula? Oh my GOD what was I to do?

In the midst of all my mind voices, this kutty krishna wakes up & crawls to me. Greets me with a susu & a smile. That is when I lost my heart completely to him!!!!!!! Who will cringe at the susu, when he gives such a beautiful smile?

This kid is the reason, Raja & I stopped fighting to an extent. This kid was about 3 yrs old & one day when he was left alone with us & Raja & I were fighting over something. We never realized for a while that this child had become quiet.  Then we finish our yelling match & turn to this kid & He sits next to the door & tells us in chweet gibberish voice “I don’t like you both like this. If you do this, I don’t want to be with you at all!” that day we learnt! & What a lesson it was!

From the way he used to say, “Pappa, let mummy go! It is easy to make dosa, we have to put the pan, make ring ring ring with the batter & dosa is done. We can make it ourselves” or “Pappa if you do this again, I will tell mummy to leave her Mangal sutra & then you will never be her husband” to shout at his parents “are’nt you ashamed to teach me everyday!!!” this kiddo was my rocking star through my highs & lows.

I was wondering when this kid who loitered my house with his susu’s, powder & broken cars will ever grow up!!! If he used to get a lil better mark, I used to check if it was really his paper. But now I am so astonished to see the way he has grown up & matured. My sweet handsome boy is very quickly becoming an handsome MAN!!! I miss the weekly connect, but he still continues to bug me with his math formulae & F1 driver stories over the phone!!

Hey Kiddo! I love you the most!! Hope you have a wonderful year 17!!!!! I hereby give my word, so publicly, that I will continue to kiss you in front of everyone, I will continue to embarrass you in front of your friends, I will continue to call you “Chappathi Maavu” because I am your GENIE MAAMI.






3 comments:

  1. omg this was sooooooooooooooooooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ain't embarrassing when any of u guys say...and ofc i will bug i with the math and f1...weird combination but love them both....but love u the most🤗🥰

    ReplyDelete