Sunday, August 2, 2020

Value of Life!!

I was listening to a talk by Shefali Vaidya. It was truly inspiring & made me think what value am I adding to this world. When we are in this world, so surrounded by so many achievers, we tend to ask the question of “Am I of any value by doing the usual things?”

I see so many of my friends posting youtube videos, showcasing their talents. Do I need to do that to add value to my life? I see so many people tweet either for or against a social cause. Do I need to do that to make my statement?

I see many people participating in protests. Should I do that? Or like many others who connect with intellectuals & spread their knowledge, do I need to do that?

Is just being me, such a useless thing? So why am I even born????? Isnt there a purpose in life????

Pondering on & on & on…………Thankfully Bhagavad Geeta comes to my aid.

We don’t need to do anything extra to make ourselves “important” or make ourselves “Valuable”. We add value to our every day duty by doing it with utmost focus & with “Prasada” Bhudhi. Confusing?

If we are just a housewife, doing the chores & taking care of our children, when we do each & every job, be it boiling milk, or cleaning the house, or educating our children, If we do it with utmost dedication & without expecting any results, we are adding value to that job.

We may not be posting or showcasing the things we do. But we are, in doing the job with utmost focus, adding value to the job, as we are doing the job in the best way possible. In this way, we are safeguarding our values & yet in our small way adding to the ultimate goal!

So to all those people who are having the same thought of whether you are adding value, in this vast world, give a pat to yourself! You Are!!! In every small thing you do & in every small way you do. You are most important to this world, just like those frontline warriors!


No comments:

Post a Comment